Thursday, June 9, 2016

Goofed up - Cross Contact

So, last night we were doing the pizza thing - ordering family style (cheese and pepperoni) and also ordered my "special" pizza - no gluten, no red meat, no cheese.  These are take and bake pizzas from Papa Murphy's.

Order of operations matters not only with math, but also with shared utensils.  I cooked everyone else's pizza first and sliced their pizza.  Then I cooked my pizza and didn't even think about the pizza cutter.  I cut my pizza and 6 hours later, woke up itchy .... and stayed itchy for the next 12 hours.  I have been trying to avoid antihistamines use as I am approaching my appointment at the Duke Allergy Center.  It's been a long day with little sleep.

New rule:  2 pizza cutters .... perhaps a whole new set of kitchen tools that are deemed "clean".

No comments:

Post a Comment