Friday, June 3, 2016

Day 4 - The Waiting Game


I am fairly sure I have an Alpha Gal Allergy from a tick bite that is making me react to red meat and dairy.  While I am waiting to get confirmation from a blood test, I've decided it is in my best interest (for staying alive) that I go ahead and just adopt the appropriate diet.

This diet is incredibly hard!  I love red meat.  I love steaks and pork bbq.   I love cheese.  I really love bacon.  Chocolate, Ice Cream and Butter - all off the list as well.  On top of the Alpha Gal symptoms ... I also have a sensitivity to gluten.

Shopping and eating out in the last 4 days has been a real joy .... NOT!

Decided to share my diet diary to help others as I have been carefully reading a lot of food labels this week.  Basically, for me, it is a Vegan Diet adding in chicken, turkey, fish and eggs.

Tonight's dinner was quite delightful - so I thought I would share:

Tilapia cooked stove top with Olive Oil and Penzey's Northwoods Spice
Trader Joe's mixed coleslaw (regular cabbage, red cabbage & shredded carrots)
Coleslaw Dressing - Trader Joe's Island Salsa



Feeling a bit more normal tonight now that I have abandoned the Cheerios.   One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment