Thursday, December 29, 2016

Updated Test Results - December 2016

Test Results (December 2016)
Trends from June to December (2016)

I have been diligent with my diet over the last 6 months - with only a few incidences of "unplanned" dairy or cross contact - causing either minor itchiness or upset stomach.  No further tick bites to date ... thanks to cooler weather, Deep Woods Off spray and insect repellent clothing.  My diligence is paying off in lower allergy testing values across all categories.

I am glad to see that my test results are trending in the right direction, and I am very pleased with my new results for Alpha Gal.  With a starting point of 77.5 - I never thought it would be down to single digits!

According to my allergy doctor at Duke - I get to start food testing dairy - starting with skim milk - 1 Tablespoon, then working my way up to greater quantities ... then onto 1% milk.  I see low fat cheese on the horizon - which would be awesome!  I will post results from my dairy trials in future blog posts ... stay tuned!

Back to testing results
(and enough of my dreams about cheese) ....

Interesting correlation between Alpha Gal Testing Results and results for other tests separately for IgE, Beef, Pork and Milk.


Allergy Blood Test         June 2016               December 2016

Alpha Gal                                   77.5                                8.15
(negative is <0.35)

IgE                                               317                                 113
(standard range 4-269)

Beef                                            15.3                                6.08
(negative is <0.35)
(equivocal is 0.35-0.70)

Pork                                             8.18                                3.00
(negative is <0.35)
(equivocal is 0.35-0.70)

Milk                                              3.01                                1.38
(negative is <0.35)
(equivocal is 0.35-0.70)






No comments:

Post a Comment