Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Preventing The Next Tick Bite

As most allergists and scientists will tell you, your Alpha Gal testing numbers will come down over time .... provided you don't get another tick bite.

I'm an outdoor person, so naturally I said I couldn't make any promises on avoiding another tick bite.  I live in the woods, have an outdoor dog, have 2 horses that are in pastures previously occupied by cattle, and live in North Carolina where ticks are prevalent.

My allergy physician team (at Duke) suggested that I check into Permethrin Clothing that is used by forest rangers.  So far, I have purchased a polo shirt, socks and a hat.  The chemical treatment on the clothing lasts for about 70 washings.   The clothing has a distinct chemical odor, but I can live with it.

Here's a couple of resources






No comments:

Post a Comment